Are you the G/L accountant who wants to be part of a dynamic and global environment, dealing with multinational clients in the industrial sector?
Are you willing to collaborate with multicultural colleagues, moving forward towards growth, problem solving and efficiency?
You are responsible for general accounting and tax management. You also supervise the monthly closing process.
If yes, start your challenge today and sign up now. We’re happy to welcome you!
- Work together to define and optimize key procedures & financial policies and develop adequate systems
- Encourage the implementation of best practices
- Define investment & depreciation company policy
- Identify problems at an early stage and find creative solutions.
- To ensure effective financial control
- Develop and monitor an accurate Management Information System
- Organize management information system, establish and analyze performance criteria
- To lead and coordinate the accounting function of the different GIS branches and GIS entities worldwide;
- To lead and coordinate the periodic VAT & Corporate Tax & Intrastat & declarations of the different branches including daily interaction with concerned cabinets with the goal to guarantee compliancy with local laws and regulations;
- To lead and coordinate periodic consolidation of GIS accounts;
- To guarantee a monthly matching intercompany closing process;
- To lead GIS Transfer Pricing policy, coordinate with external cabinets and guarantee compliancy;
- Finalizing the monthly and yearly closing processes and coordination / leading on the fiscal year-end audit with external cabinets;
- Lead and coordinate internal & external audit reviews on GIS Accounts
- Master Degree in Finance / Accounting
- Min. 3 years of experience in a G/L Accountant position
- You set the right priorities with your analytical and result-oriented approach
- You communicate straightforward and constructively
- Upholds GIS ethics: Passion, Integrity and Etiquette
Skills & Competences
- Deciding & Initiating Action: Makes prompt, clear decisions. Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative and generates activity
- Writing and Reporting: Writes clearly, succinctly, correctly and convincingly. Avoids the unnecessary use of jargon and complicated language and structures information.
- Analyzing: Analyses numeric data, verbal data and all other sources of information. Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem. Makes rational judgments and produces workable solutions to a range of problems.
- Leading & Supervising: Setting directions and standards of behavior. Delegates work appropriately end fairly. Motivates and empowers others. Provide staff with development opportunities and coaching.
- Persuading & Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating. Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others. Ownership to take responsibility of results
- Strong communication in English (written and oral)
- Multicultural teamwork and clear communication in an international context
- Curious mindset towards problem solving and efficiency
- Energy and willingness to learn inside industrial environment
- Passion for Accounting
- Sincere and humble attitude
- Ambassador of Etiquette
Our global headquarter is based in Ghent, Belgium. It’s located in the direct neighbourhood of the port of Ghent, breathing the hearth of excellence in logistics.
The office is spacious with open desks and view on the Schelde river, next to Dok Nord with many shops and young dynamic companies.
Come visit our global HQ at Handelsdokcenter (Stapelplein 70, 9000 Gent, Belgium).
What do we offer
- A full-time position
- You’ll be part of a dynamic team with pleasant colleagues who stimulates growth
- An attractive salary package and extra-legal benefits (meal vouchers, public transport contribution, extra holidays)
- Internal growth and support you in developing your skill sets to a higher level
- Flexible hours
- Internal and external training
- Home office possibility
How to apply
To apply, please go to our LinkedIn page and use the Easy Apply button. Click here to go LinkedIn.
Hope to meet you soon!